The pulmonology department of GMC hospital deals with patients suffering from:
- Coughing, sneezing, fever or sputum production.
- Dyspnea (shortness of breathing), wheezes.
- Snoring (abnormal breathing during sleep).
- Hemoptysis (coughing of blood).
- Chest pain
Also this department is responsible for handling the patients who suffers from various respiratory disorders such as:
- Respiratory Tract Infections :-Upper Respiratory Tract Infections, Acute Bronchitis and Pneumonia, Pneumonia in childhood
- Asthma & COPD and related smoking disorder
- Occupational and environmental lung disease
- Sleep disorder (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Lung cancer Screening
Facilities & Procedures
- Spirometry (Lung Function test)
- Bronchoscopy :- Fibro Optic Bronchoscopy and Rigid Bronchoscopy Thoracoscopy
- Plural tapping & biopsy