The Pediatric Department Al Qassimi Hospital, Sharjah has consultants, specialists and resident doctors to diagnose and treat infants and children with respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal and neurological problems. Pediatric OPD is open on all days. Neonates discharged from Neonatal ICU are assessed in the Neuro developmental.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
NICU is a high dependency unit offering tertiary care services to newborn gestation and above. It has Radiant warmers, Incubators, Ventilators, Phototherapy units and newborn cots for babies kept under observation. NICU also takes care of Neonates who need ventilation, Exchange Transfusion, Phototherapy and Parental Nutrition.
- Children with acute illness can be admitted to the ward for intravenous fluids, intravenous antibiotics and monitoring.
- Children with acute gastroenteritis, acute severe asthma, Pneumonia and febrile seizures can be admitted for provision of basic ICU care.
- Resident doctors are present round the clock for monitoring of patients and provision of inpatient care.
- Accept neonates from 28 weeks and more(previously it was >=32 weeks)
- Another isolation room in NICU
- Highly Qualified NICU nurse in-charge