Introduction and Overview
The Department of Orthopaedics in Al Qassimi Hospital, Sharjah is an independent department with its own scope of services i.e., Patient’s care, medical graduate teaching and related clinical research; provided with the help of qualified MOH licensed physicians having vast range of knowledge and experience on various aspects of orthopaedics on all days of week.
Accident and Emergency Orthopaedic services including surgical procedures are provided 24x 7x 365 by the department. On call doctors are back up by a second on call specialists/ consultant on rotation basis.
Orthopaedics services are provided/ available to outpatients, inpatients and referral patients on emergent, urgent and elective basis depending upon the need and are instantly available wherever required.
Type of Major Surgeries Performed:
- Arthroscopy, diagnostic and therapeutic, for sport injuries of knee, shoulder and ankle joint.
- Spine, joint replacement surgeries.
- Bone tumor, hand reconstruction surgery.
- Paediatric orthopaedics including corrective surgery for congenital deformities, like club foot, CDH.
- Tendon repair, reconstruction, including hand injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries of limbs.
- All types of advanced fracture fixation and dislocation cases.
- Bone, joint and spine infection.
- Degenerative joint disorders.
- Interlocking intramedullary nailing.
The department of orthopaedics Al Qassimi Hospital, Sharjah is supported by modern instruments, ultra-modern operation theatre with competent anesthesia facilities including C-arm and power equipment’s and investigation modalities along with a highly motivated physiotherapy team.